An Enterprise Class, Ruggedized Android Smartphone that Supports the Vocera Collaboration Suite
Vocera offers the MC40-HC as a platform for the Vocera® Collaboration Suite, including Vocera Voice, secure enterprise Text Messaging, clinical workflow and alarm applications. The MC40- HC provides Vocera customers a turnkey solution that allows clinicians to reach the right person at the right time, on the right device, with the right information, in the right place, anywhere.
Vocera Collaboration Suite running on the ruggedized MC40-HC improves extended care team communication and collaboration by providing secure text messaging, hands-free voice, access to critical clinical data, alerts, and alarms. Improve patient safety, the patient experience and healthcare staff productivity with the fully-featured, pocket-sized MC40-HC.
Rugged Form Factor
The MC40-HC meets the demanding requirements of healthcare environments with its durable and ergonomic industrial design. The lightweight aluminum chassis provides a strong frame that houses contemporary smartphone capabilities, for a device that is both comfortable to hold and highly functional.
Intuitive Android Operating System
Based on standard Android™ OS, allowing the MC40-HC to be easily adopted by end users. The Android UI framework provides a consistent and predictable user interface, leading to rapid adoption and ease of use. Extensions (Mx) add new features that transform Android into a true enterprise-class operating system, adding the security, manageability, wireless connection quality and data capture that healthcare organizations require.
Flexible Application Platform
The MC40-HC is a flexible platform for the suite of Vocera Communication and Collaboration Solutions. The MC40-HC can also be used to run other healthcare applications such as electronic health record systems (EHRs).
Enterprise-Class Voice and Wi-Fi Connectivity
The MC40-HC contains an 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi radio providing excellent connectivity for real time voice applications. This Wi-Fi connectivity in conjunction with the solid sound performance of the MC40-HC provides the foundation for high quality voice recognition, leading to reliable interaction with the wearable Vocera B3000 Communication Badge series.
Features and Benefits
• Familiar user interface through the Android operating system
• 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity designed for voice and mission critical environments
• Ruggedized enclosure for optimal device performance in demanding healthcare environments
• Integrated 2D barcode scanner capable of reading a wide variety of bar code types
• Replaceable 2680mAh battery for easy end-user swaps
• IP54 Ingress Protection rating for resistance to dust and water penetration
• 4.3” Capacitive dual touch screen display
• Range of accessories to provide desktop charging or charging of spare batteries for use in shift environments
Vocera System Requirements for the MC40-HC
• Vocera 4.4.2 and Secure Messaging server 4.9.2
• SIP Telephony Gateway installed and configured
• Client Gateway installed and configured
• 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless network (wireless standards support varies based on the device)
Zebra MC40-HC Specifications
• 4.3” Capacitive dual touch display
• 2680 mAh replaceable battery
• 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Radio
• Integrated 2D bar code Scanner
• IP54 Ingress Protection against dust and water
• Durable aluminum case to resist 4ft drop per MIL-STD
• For a full set of specifications please refer to the Symbol MC40-HC datasheet