Help reduce interruption fatigue with a unified, event-driven alarm management solution that’s easy to deploy, manage, and scale.
As an IT leader, helping to defend clinicians from interruption fatigue and making workflows more efficient are central to your mission. To do this, you need a reliable clinical communication and collaboration solution that’s easy for clinicians to use. At the same time, it needs to be easy for your IT team to support.
Less Alarm Fatigue, More Efficient Workflows
Vocera® Engage is a win-win-win for you, your hospital’s care providers, and patients. It helps you manage clinical alarms and alerts with an integrated solution that’s easy to deploy, manage, and scale. The solution uses a single appliance, so you partner with a single vendor, while care providers and patients get to enjoy a better experience.
A Better Experience for Caregivers and Patients
Engage helps reduce interruption fatigue, and facilitates quicker care team collaboration and response to patient events. It supports clinician decision making and gives clinicians and staff the flexibility to choose the right device for the role.
• Reduce interruption fatigue: With Engage, notifications are sent (or not sent) to the right caregivers on their mobile devices. Multiple variables can be used to trigger actionable alarm and alert notifications and to filter out non-actionable notifications.
• Facilitate quicker care team collaboration and responses to patient events: Engage can route contextual event notifications to multiple groups and people at same time based on caregiver location, role, title, department, and/or group, and patient room or bed assignment. It can connect the entire care team and ancillary staff (physicians, pharmacy, respiratory therapists, etc.) inside and outside of the hospital and across even the largest healthcare systems.
• Enable caregivers to identify the most urgent patient needs faster: Engage can be configured to prioritize annunciated events that occur at the same time. It presents caregivers with relevant patient, event, and care team assignment information on their mobile device regardless of their location. And, it aggregates information from many systems and includes data with alarm and alert notifications.
• Support clinical decision making: Engage can assemble and mobilize relevant information from multiple systems like the electronic health record (EHR), lab values, and ADT data to accompany event notifications.
• Give clinicians and staff the flexibility to choose the right device for the role: Engage, when used with Vocera mobile applications, supports the Vocera Badge, VoIP handsets, and iOS and Android devices. You can customize Cisco handsets including on-screen text handset alarm controls, included user responses, alarm or alert format, and contextual display data. You can even create different or unique ringtones for specific events.
Easier to Deploy, Manage, and Scale
Compared to multi-vendor approaches, Engage is easier to deploy, manage, and scale. It offers seamless interoperability with the majority of clinical and operational systems used in hospitals today. It offers simplified deployment and management and is scalable to support the growing needs of your enterprise.
• Get more value from investments you’ve already made in EHRs and clinical and operational systems: Engage is interoperable with more than 140 clinical and operational systems using standard data formats like HL7, TAP, ESPA, SIP, SMTP, and web services such as
• Simplify deployment and management: Engage uses a single virtual appliance to unify alarms, alerts, and secure texting into a single application. Other features include:
–– Integrated staff assignment based on nurse call, EHR, or Engage assignments.
–– IDN-scale dynamic directory can support 100,000 users in a directory or roster including care teams and staff inside and outside the hospital, and patients.
–– Reporting tools include a fully documented SQL server reporting platform that’s available with standard reports and the ability to create custom interruption reports. You can also extract analytical data to an enterprise data warehouse.
–– Phased deployment approach lets you configure and adjust departmental workflows anytime. Add new departments across the hospital or health system when the timing is right.
• Enable medical device integration: Engage is FDA 510k-cleared for secondary alarm notifications.
• Scale to support the enterprise: Support the needs of your hospital today and scale for the needs of tomorrow across an entire integrated delivery network.