Vocera® Engage Reporting is a standard capability of Vocera Engage, an event-driven care team communication solution that combines comprehensive alarm management with secure texting on a single platform. Engage intelligently notifies clinicians about real-time patient events through context-driven notifications to smartphones and other common mobile communication devices. The reports generated by Engage help to measure clinical adoption and response times to clinical interruptions. Vocera provides hospitals the ability to measure the overall effectiveness of Engage clinical workflows.
Retrospective reporting is typically available from each distinct medical device or information
system. Engage Reporting can serve as a single source for all interruptions directed to hospital
mobile devices. Primary hospital business objectives may include:
• Measuring Progress: Tracking the progress of improvement initiatives for specific events or departments
• Impact Assessment: Patient safety or quality committees may review and compare the effectiveness of new policies or clinical communication workflows.
• Root Cause Analysis: Review clinical incidents helping identify specific alarm escalation pathways and responses during a specific timeframe or event
Engage Reporting provides both standard and ad-hoc reporting capabilities. The retrospective review of Vocera clinical workflows may be completed using standard sample reports, ad-hoc reports, or the SQL schema for data extraction into a hospital data warehouse for more widespread consumption.
There are eight standard sample reports separated into four report groupings.
• Unit Specific: Interruption summary with totals by unit and escalation
• Bed Specific: Specific details for beds and event types
• Interruption Activity: Overall totals by interruption source and user pathways and responses during a specific timeframe or event
• Nurse Specific: Interruptions totals for each nurse/user
All sample reports are available as ad-hoc or scheduled SQL reports, as well as specific hospital views customized by hospital SQL report writers.
Hardware: Virtual Machine or physical server with the following recommended specifications:
• CPU: Quad-Core, 2.x GHz
• RAM: 16 GB
Database: Vocera has verified the following SQL database versions for Engage Reporting:
• SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014
• MS SQL Server Reporting Services
Vocera requires that a database administrator be assigned by the hospital to manage the
database environment. This is not a full FTE, rather 0.25. It is industry best practice and will
help ensure a successful user experience. There are standard maintenance routines required
by Microsoft and additional recommendations specific for the Vocera environment.
• Internet Explorer: IE 9, 10, 11
• Mozilla Firefox: v41, 44, 45
• Vocera Engage: 5.2 SR2 is required
Please note that older installations may require a complete system rebuild in preparation due to data constraints and consistencies. Each site will be reviewed and evaluated independently.
Vocera technology has bridged our communication gaps – allowing instant hands-free voice calls, improving patient care coordination, and enhancing staff and patient safety by reducing response times.Norman Bowman, Clinical Ward Administrator at Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
The Vocera numbers speak for themselves, and they show this technology can dramatically reduce the time it takes to connect with a colleague and get a response. That has a real impact on the care we provide.Adrian Plunkett, Paediatric Intensivist Consultant at Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital
Vocera Badges allow our team to safely communicate under PPE during this COVID-19 pandemic.Victoria Sudron, Service Improvement Coordinator at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Trust
Since implementing Vocera, we no longer have communication delays due to the ‘page and wait’ scenario.Nick Roper, Clinical Director at North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Trust
Vocera empowers people in mission-critical environments to instantly connect via secure, mobile, integrated and intelligent communication solutions.