Help minimize alarm fatigue
Engage intelligent workflow engine
In too many hospitals, clinicians are bombarded with alarms, most of which don’t require clinical intervention. At the same time, they face delays in receiving critical information from the EHR and other systems. It all adds up to interruption fatigue and toil, and it puts patient safety at risk.
Engage works behind the scenes to enable care teams to prioritize and respond to alarm notifications, communicate and deliver safer patient care.
See How the Platform Works
Unify Communications to Unify Care Teams with a Single Vendor
across all systems
Manage routing of
reduce the burden
on care teams
Get a more complete
picture of a patient’s
situation faster with
Actionable notifications, intelligently routed
The Engage intelligent workflow engine includes Engage Medical Device Alarm Notification (EMDAN,) FDA 510(K)-cleared middleware, to deliver secondary alarm and event notifications.
- Clinicians receive only the communications and notifications they need and can be sure important information reaches the right recipient, whether they are using Vocera communication software or third-party messaging software.
- Enhance patient safety and enable interoperability with other systems.
- Allow delivery of filtered and prioritized alarm notifications using rules set by your organization.
- There’s no need to purchase and manage third-party middleware.
Electronic health records
Receive automated alerts from the EHR as well as notifications about new orders, critical lab results, radiology findings, high-risk admissions, sepsis risk alerts, pain assessment reminders, patient consults, room cleaning, and patient transport. Learn more.
Other clinical and operational systems
Integrate communications with systems like nurse call, lab, radiology, physiologic monitors, patient surveillance, fall prevention, bed alarms, patient flow, bed management, emergency communications, and building management. Learn more.
Leverage care team assignment information and event notifications across systems and devices integrated with the Vocera Platform. Use voice commands to reach the right person or group. Learn more.
*Availability of some integrations may be limited in your country. Please inquire about the specific workflows that you need.
A Few of Our Integration Partners
Reducing Nursing Alarm Interruptions and Fatigue
Sentara Princess Anne Hospital NICU
Nurses often received secondary patient-monitor alarm notifications on their phones while caring for and in proximity of a patient. Ancillary alarms contributed to interruption fatigue and alarm desensitization. Unnecessary noise was also disruptive and overstimulated the infants.
- Needed a solution that would send ancillary patient monitor alarm notifications only when nurses were away from the primary patient monitor.
- Used existing RTLS to establish a continuous nurse location signal in the NICU and share it with the Vocera alarm management system.
- Vocera technology was a contributing factor to the below improved outcomes.
Reduced secondary alerts
by 54%* within 30 days
Decreased ancillary, non-clinical
alarm notifications by 27%*
fatigue by 63%*
Request a Personalized Demo
All fields marked(*) are required.
Princess Anne Hospital
How to Strengthen Patient Safety:
Connect Care Teams and Improve Clinical Workflow
Having a scalable, flexible communication strategy relies on connecting all the people and information needed to deliver care.
Follow a nurse as she collaborates with the care team and cares for her patients. Interruptions are minimized so she can focus on delivering the safest care.