The Powerful, Enterprise Class, Ruggedized Android Smartphone Designed for Healthcare Environments
Customers looking for a turnkey solution that allows clinicians to reach the right person at the right time, on the right device, with the right information, and in the right place, now have the answer with the new Zebra TC51-HC smartphone.
Vocera Collaboration Suite is now available on the TC51-HC to improve extended care team communication and collaboration by providing secure text messaging, access to critical clinical data, alerts, and alarms. Enhance patient safety, the patient experience and healthcare staff productivity with the pocket-sized TC51-HC which includes a large high-resolution 5 inch display, blazing fast processor, and front facing camera.
Rugged Form Factor
The TC51-HC is purpose-built for the demanding requirements of healthcare environments with a durable and ergonomic industrial design. The lightweight aluminum chassis provides a strong frame that houses contemporary smartphone capabilities, for a device that is both comfortable to hold and highly functional. Healthcare-grade plastics allow the device to be wiped down with a wide variety of cleaners to align with infection control requirements.
Intuitive Android Operating System
The TC51-HC is based on standard Android OS and UI framework providing a consistent and predictable user interface that enables rapid adoption and ease of use. Zebra’s proprietary Extensions Mx add-on to the Android operating system adds new features that transform Android into a true enterprise-class operating system. Extensions Mx adds the security, manageability, wireless connection quality, and data capture that healthcare organizations require.
The TC51-HC is a flexible solution allowing healthcare organizations to not only run the Vocera Collaboration Suite, but it can also be used to run other healthcare applications such as electronic health record systems (EHRs).
The TC51-HC puts the power of Vocera front and center with easy access to the Clinical Directory, a unified inbox, and simple secure texting.
Enterprise-Class Voice and Wi-Fi Connectivity
The TC51-HC contains an 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/r Wi-Fi radio providing excellent connectivity for real time voice applications. This Wi-Fi connectivity in conjunction with the solid sound performance of the TC51-HC provides the foundation for high quality voice recognition, leading to reliable interaction with the wearable Vocera B3000 Badge series.
Features and Benefits
• Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with Zebra Mobility Extensions (MX)
• Familiar user interface through the Android operating system
• 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/r Wi-Fi connectivity designed for voice and mission critical environments
• Ruggedized enclosure for optimal device performance in demanding healthcare environments
• Integrated 2D barcode scanner capable of reading a wide variety of barcode types
• Replaceable 4300 mAh battery for easy end-user swaps
• IP54 Ingress Protection rating for resistance to dust and water penetration
• Large 5.0 inch High Definition (1280 x 720), exceptionally bright, touch panel display
• Range of accessories to provide desktop charging or charging of spare batteries for use in shift environments
• Meets 4ft drop per MIL-STD
Vocera System Requirements for the TC51-HC
• Vocera 4.4.2 and Secure Messaging server 4.9.2
• SIP Telephony Gateway installed and configured
• Client Gateway installed and configured
• 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/r wireless network (wireless standards support varies based on the device)
Zebra TC51-HC Specifications
• 5.0" capacitive dual touch display
• 4300 mAh replaceable battery
• 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/r Wi-Fi Radio
• Integrated 2D barcode scanner
• IP67 and IP65 Ingress Protection against dust and water
• For a full set of specifications please refer to the Zebra TC51-HC datasheet