The Value of Rounding
Vocera® Rounds manages patient and staff satisfaction in real-time, allowing leaders across the organization to immediately identify gaps in care and experience, deploy improvement interventions, automate service recovery, and recognize top performing care team members. Vocera Rounds also integrates seamlessly with the Vocera Communication Platform, enabling leaders to quickly address patient needs by sending alerts to the right person instantly.
Providing assistance for up to twelve unique types of rounds, Vocera Rounds helps any department or unit, hospital or health system garner voice of patient, families, and staff to drive actionable insights and accelerate process improvements.
Vocera Rounds is proven to improve patient satisfaction scores. Organizations like the University of Chicago Medicine and Genesis HealthCare System saw overall patient satisfaction ratings increase by as much as 35%, in less than six months.
Impact and Outcomes of Rounding*
University of Chicago Medicine
• “Likelihood to recommend” scores jumped 55 points from the 12th percentile to the 67th percentile
• 25 point increase in HCAHPS nurse communication and staff responsiveness, from 35th percentile to 60th percentile
• 35% increase in HCAHPS “Top Box Score” overall rating of hospital
• 25% of leader rounds recognized a staff member for outstanding care
El Camino Hospital
• Overall HCAHPS domain score improved by 25 points
• Reduced patient complaints by 50%
• Identified over 65 different patient safety issues
• Addressed over 700 patient service opportunities
Genesis Healthcare System
• Patients expressed greater satisfaction, as evidenced by a 35% increase in Genesis overall HCAHPS domain score
• Nurse satisfaction was impacted by the ability to capture overwhelmingly positive patient feedback
Beyond checklists, organizations use various tools to reinforce and manage rounding. These tools vary in levels of sophistication, starting at the simplest level with audit trails that document whether rounding occurred and on the higher level with technology solutions that enable documentation, escalation, and robust analytics that make the practice of rounding more meaningful.
Vocera Rounds Solution
• Streamlines and manages rounding • Flags patients for future follow-up
• Improves performance through automated request tracking and service recovery closure
• Reviews history of all prior rounds by patient, unit, or caregiver
• Captures patient needs/concerns in real-time to activate improvement
• Automates patient service requests to other teams or departments
Customized Dashboards and Reports
The Vocera Rounds solution provides customizable performance data management reports tailored to meet each organization’s objectives enterprise-wide, per unit, and/or by specific diagnoses.
Vocera Rounds Analytics Overview
At-a-glance executive and departmental dashboards providing meaningful insight into performance
• Real-time data collection and multi-dimensional service recovery drill-down reports
• In-depth staff performance analysis, along with records of compliments and/or complaints
• Trending patient experience and readmissions data
• Tailored survey questions per unit or location and stay duration, including conditional questioning
• Automated tracking of requests and service recovery closure
• Comparative data and benchmarks with peer groups