The Vocera Care Experience Suite Reduces Readmissions, Improves Patient Satisfaction, and Creates Lasting Loyalty.
Engage Patients, Improve Outcomes
Vocera® Care Experience takes a comprehensive approach to managing patient experience by combining patient engagement, communication, and care coordination solutions in a single suite. Hospitals can now manage patient experience from the first impression to the last, enabling organizations to improve outcomes and patient satisfaction, increase patient and provider loyalty, and decrease costs associated with patient education and outreach.
• 15% reduction in readmission rates.
• 38% HCAHPS increase in “Likelihood of Recommending.”
• Over 60% HCAHPS increase in communication about discharge.
One Solution for Multiple Improvement Strategies
Pre-arrival Communications – Every canceled procedure, on average, costs a hospital approximately $2,100 in wasted setup time.
• Sends automatic reminders to patients and family members of critical preparation steps, such as dietary restrictions, drug complications, checklists, and logistical information.
• Provides 24/7 access to education materials prior to scheduled procedures.
• Monitors patient engagement and comprehension to gauge the patient’s preparedness, and trigger alerts to the pre-admission team if patient is at-risk for cancellation.
• Captures and analyzes cancellation rates and causes to proactively address patient obstacles and identify areas for improvement.
Care Rounds – The practice of leadership rounding results in significantly higher “top box scores” across every HCAHPS domain.
Hardwires leadership rounding based on industry best practices.
• Supports an unlimited number of round types, including nurse leader, executive, environmental, and staff satisfaction.
• Automatically sends service requests (via secure text messaging, wearable badge, email or SMS using Vocera® Collaboration Suite) in real-time to address patient needs in a timely manner.
• Tracks patient experience from prior units and from other facilities in the system.
Good to Go® Patient Discharge Communication – Patients who understand their posthospital care instructions are 30% less likely to be readmitted to the hospital.
Records live discharge instructions and teach back at the patient’s bedside.
• Captures and attaches pictures, videos, and education material using a secure HIPAA/ HITECH-compliant application.
• Provides 24/7 access to the personalized care plan and education materials for patients, family members, and other caregivers via any phone or computer.
• Creates and sends appointment reminders, tasks, and care messages via SMS or email.
• Monitors patient retrieval and engagement of discharge instructions.
Care Calls – Patient follow-up calls within 48 to 72 hours after hospital discharge improves patient satisfaction and helps reduce readmissions.
• Streamlines patient follow-up calls and manages caregiver workflows to avoid redundancies in patient outreach.
• Uses best practice checklists, call scripts, and recorded discharge instructions to monitor patient understanding and compliance of care plan.
• Initiates proactive interventions using patient risk stratification and patient satisfaction information.
PCP Notifications – Nearly 30% of Primary Care Providers (PCPs) report being unaware of their patient’s hospitalization.
• Automatically notifies patient’s PCPs of hospital admissions, changes in care setting, and patient discharges.
• Extends access of personalized care plans and recorded discharge instructions to the PCP to eliminate gaps in care transitions.
• Ensures seamless hand-off communication between providers to improve patient care and safety, strengthen provider relations, and build loyalty.
SNF Communication – Approximately 24% of Medicare beneficiaries discharged from the hospital to a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) were directly readmitted within 30 days at a cost to Medicare of $4.34 billion.
• Sends patient discharge notifications automatically to SNFs.
• Extends access of recorded discharge instructions and other personalized care plan information to SNFs to improve communication and partner collaboration.
• Bridges gaps between hospital and SNFs to streamline care transitions, strengthen facility relationships, and improve patient care, satisfaction, and outcomes.
Business Intelligence – Multi-dimensional analytics identify gaps in managing the experience and quality of care per patient, department, enterprise-wide, and across the care continuum to improve outcomes.
• Provides real-time data analysis, trends, and dashboards for managing patient experience and quality of care.
• Customizes reports for each individual module to identify gaps in performance and activate evidence-based solutions.
• Supports intelligent drill-down analysis to patient level details to better understand the root cause of readmissions, patient dissatisfaction, and lost revenue.
• Enables longitudinal analysis of the patient’s experience throughout a service period, from prior stays, and across different facilities within a system.
• Sends scheduled reports that are customizable to key stakeholders.