Nurse call systems provide a critical communication link between patients and their care team. The integration of Vocera and the Hill-Rom® NaviCare® Nurse Call system allows for hands-free communication, helping to restore the human connection to healthcare by enabling direct communication between patients and their care teams. For example, when a patient presses the nurse call button, the request is delivered directly to staff within an assigned Vocera role or group. The care team member receiving the message can call the patient back directly, acknowledge the request, or actively escalate the request to the next team member in the pre-defined workflow. Together, Vocera and the Hill-Rom® NaviCare® Nurse Call system automate the clinical environment to help ease the delivery of care, enhance the patient experience, and drive performance excellence.
NaviCare® Nurse Call provides a powerful platform for clinical connectivity focused on improving productivity, safety, and the patient experience. Unlike traditional nurse call systems, NaviCare® Nurse Call is designed from the ground up to streamline communication and facilitate integration into the healthcare enterprise. Providing a powerful platform for clinical connectivity, NaviCare® Nurse Call helps get the right information to the right people at the right time, allowing caregivers to focus their time and energy on the health and well-being of their patients.
The integration of NaviCare® Nurse Call with the Vocera platform, including Vocera® Collaboration Suite, the Vocera B3000 Communication Badge, and Vocera Connect for iPhone,® Android,™ and Cisco,® enables a flexible, end-to-end solution for providing clinicians with instant communication, real-time information, and consolidated alerts.
• Allows for instant notification to Vocera Collaboration Suite, the Vocera Badge, and Vocera Connect for iPhone, Android, and Cisco for patient requests, alarms, and events, including nurse call, bathroom, and shower
• Permits caregivers to initiate requests for code blue, staff assist, physician orders, transport, housekeeping, room turn, dietary requests, and rounding
• Enables quick call back from the Vocera Badge to the patient or caregiver at the pillow speaker
• Utilizes the assignment of clinical roles in Vocera Staff Assignment, such as “Room 4101 Nurse,” for voice workflows in Vocera and NaviCare® Nurse Call alert and alarm workflows
• Provides nurse call integration and workflow reporting from both Vocera and NaviCare® Nurse Call
• Leverages your mobile communication strategy to facilitate real-time communication and responsive care
• Provides the information needed to prioritize and satisfy stat requests more efficiently
• Enables caregivers to communicate with patients faster
• Reduces overhead paging to promote a quiet healing environment