Vocera solutions meet U.S. Army and Department of Defense (DoD) requirements for an integrated communication system that facilitates safe, effective, and timely communication to enhance patient care delivery. No vendor of communication solutions for healthcare comes close to our depth and breadth of security credentials and validation. Most don’t have any of these credentials at all:
- The U.S. Army awarded our core voice solution an Authority to Operate (ATO) from the Defense Health Agency (DHA), based on compliance with the security and risk management requirements specified by the U.S. DoD and outlined in the new the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- The U.S. DoD granted Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification to our core communications systems. To attain this certification we completed rigorous interoperability and information assurance certification. Access The DoD Unified Capabilities (UC) Approved Products List (APL).
- Vocera received FIPS 140-2 certification for the Vocera Smartbadge and Vocera Badge, certificates #3865 and #2107.
DoD has awarded a Single Award Task Order Contract (SATOC) to Government Marketing and Procurement (GMP), the reseller for Vocera in federal markets. Read more
Vocera integrated communication systems are the Army MEDCOM standard, and are currently deployed in more than 20 DoD facilities including:
- Evans Army Hospital in Fort Carson, Colorado
- Trippler Army Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Vocera solutions helped streamline operations, and reduced readmissions, length of stay, and sentinel events. In addition, they improved:
- Communication efficiencies
- Nurse response times
- Care team collaboration and communication
- Patient outcomes, throughput, safety, and satisfaction
- Staff experience
Learn more about the value of integrated clinical communications systems by reading the presentation by LTC Francisco C. Dominicci, MS, MA, RN-BC, Chief Information Officer & Director Health IT, Colorado Springs Military Health System.