Last week, more than 60 senior level physicians, nurses, and executives from 20 health systems around the country met in San Francisco to share innovations and best practices in staff and physician experience that help drive loyalty and growth. The energy and enthusiasm in the room were palpable, and the ideas ranged from the simple to the sublime. We asked the group to surface the top ten pearls of wisdom they will take back to their home institutions, and here’s what they came up with:
10. Communication, compassion, and coordination are the keys to success.
9. Trust is what turns “physician extenders” into “colleagues” who work together with respect and support for the best patient outcomes
8. CEOs should be more Chief Experience Officers than Chief Executive Officers.
7. “Digital Health” is inherently different from “Health IT” because it is more innovative and fast-moving.
6. There’s something innately human about face-to-face interactions – even when they happen through technology.
5. The front desk creates a barrier between patients and staff – Tear down that wall!
4. Reconnecting physicians, nurses, and staff to purpose unleashes the power of transformation.
3. Engaging people to do what THEY believe is more effective than trying to get them to do what YOU believe.
2. If you don’t ruffle some feathers, you’re not innovating, and if you want to innovate fast, don’t get in the queue.
1. Leaders find a way to get to “yes.”
We’ll share more in-depth insights from this amazing event in future posts. A huge and heartfelt “thank you” to all of the dedicated members of the Experience Innovation Network who made it possible!