This week, Vocera’s Experience Innovation Network hosted the 10th semi-annual CXO Roundtable, a gathering of senior healthcare executives, thought leaders, and patients who are committed to making the human experience a top strategic priority in healthcare. Our first day featured notable speakers including patient activist Morgan Gleason, Ardent Health Services CEO David Vandewater, Dr. Richard Bock and Rowena Buffett Timms from Mission Heath, and Drs. Gary, Loren, and Lowell Hamel from The London School of Management and Lakeland Health.
10. Work on relationships and patients will give you grace for the rest
9. Being heard is so close to being loved that most people can’t tell the difference.
8. Doctors and nurses went to school for medicine and nursing. Patients didn’t go to
patient school. Teach us and allow us to learn.
7. If Jack Welch has time to write letters to employees, so do you.
6. An immersion program helps board members, legislators, and journalists to see what
goes on behind the curtain.
5. Who, what, and a heartfelt why can change an organization.
4. Treat the patient like you would a family member – be sure to pick a family member
that you like!
3. We need emojis to measure experience.
2. Leaders don’t always have to be inspiring; they also need to be inspired.
1. We should create places to work that are so inspiring that they are fuel, not damage.
Look for more insights on this amazing event in the coming days!