Last week we were privileged to host the sixth semi-annual CXO Roundtable in San Francisco, CA. The invitation-only meeting convenes physician, nursing, and administrative leaders from the membership of the Experience Innovation Network, a group whose mission is to disrupt the status quo and deliver on the “quadruple aim:” reduce cost; improve quality; elevate patient experience; and restore joy to medicine.
The two-day meeting was full of insights as we explored innovations that help drive patient engagement and human connection in healthcare At the end of day 1, we asked participants to identify their top 10 pearls of wisdom. Here’s what they surfaced:
- Every patient is an experimenter, and every experience is an experiment.
- Population health is just care in the moment.
- Improving physician communication can be as simple as asking, “Did I get it?”
- Health systems should solve the complexity of healthcare – not patients.
- It’s about the Human Experience, not patient satisfaction.
- The greatest challenge we face in improving healthcare experience is not economic, clinical, or political – it’s cultural.
- We can blow up the myth of NPO after midnight.
- Communication, communication, communication.
- We all [in healthcare] have the same strategy. Only some of us can execute.
- Asking for help is a sign of strength, not a sign of weakness.
Stay tuned for pearls of wisdom from day 2, as well as more detailed insights from this inspiring event.