On November 4th – 5th, we were privileged to host the seventh semi-annual CXO Roundtable in San Francisco, CA. The invitation-only meeting convenes physician, nursing, and administrative leaders from the membership of the Experience Innovation Network, a group whose mission is to disrupt the status quo and deliver on the “quadruple aim:” reduce cost; improve quality; elevate patient experience; and restore joy to medicine.
The two-day meeting was full of insights as we explored innovations that help drive employee and physician peak performance in healthcare. At the end of day 1, we asked participants to identify their top 10 pearls of wisdom. Here’s what they surfaced:
- Identify the Sacred Cows in your organization and ask why they exist.
- You can’t approach an adaptive problem with a technical fix.
- If same day appointments are possible, then anything is possible!
- Stress is not the enemy; the enemy is the absence of intermittent renewal.
- No one behaves badly from a place of strength – you can use resistance as an opportunity to re-engage.
- Stories have the power to change hearts, minds, and behavior.
- Every organization needs a Chief Energy Officer!
- Healthcare is more about love than anything – and we shouldn’t be afraid to say it.
- If you take care of the patient in front of you, the future will take care of itself.
- If you’re not stoked, you’re not optimizing peak performance.
Stay tuned for pearls of wisdom from day 2, as well as more detailed insights from this inspiring event.