Last week a group of executives including doctors, nurses, and administrators representing more than 20 health systems and outpatient clinics gathered to share best practices, examine leadership strategies, and push the envelope on clinical innovations in care that improve experience and outcomes. The 24-hours of the CXO Roundtable were filled with insights and opportunities – we will be posting in-depth insights on the innovations and results featured at the event in future posts. In the meantime, here are the top 10 pearls of wisdom:
1. We can drive more value by focusing on the champions rather than on the naysayers.
2. Repeating mission, vision, and values every day helps keep the team focused on the patient.
3. If you concentrate flavors, you can make healthy food taste decadent.
4. Lean (process improvement) can be humanizing, if we keep the focus on people.
5. Healthcare is organized in silos, but patients access it horizontally – we need to create horizontal lines of responsibility.
6. If we keep the focus on patients, we can turn informed consent into informed hope.
7. When providers take the long view on healing, everyone wins.
8. If patients can’t remember discharge instructions, it helps to record them.
9. When physicians are frustrated by EMRs, they can’t focus on patients.
10. A passionate clinician can change the world.
The group, comprised of members of the ExperiaHealth National Patient Experience Collaborative, hails from all parts of the country, representing all facets of the healthcare delivery system – public and private, faith-based and secular, inpatient and outpatient, rural and urban. Our work will continue through ongoing networking, webinars, research, and defining new Always Events until we can achieve our quadruple aim: delivering the best outcomes in the most humanized care environments in the most cost-effective ways possible, while also restoring joy to the practice of medicine.
Subscribe To The Blog
Blog subscription request received. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.